Most artistically inclined individuals would kill for a chance to work with Marc Jacobs. Not so for French graffiti artist Kidult, who’s just found himself as one-half of an unwilling t-shirt collaboration and now, an on-going feud.
On Tuesday, employees of Jacobs’s SoHo boutique found themselves dealing with the unexpected and unpleasant job of scrubbing their storefront after what appeared to be Kidult’s latest graffiti attack. The spray paint, a gigantically scribbled hot pink “ART,” was reminiscent of some of Kidult’s previous work (last fall, he tagged both Celine’s and Hermes’s Paris storefronts). Following the incident, Jacobs began cryptically tweeting about ‘Art Jacobs @ Marc Jacobs’– and now there’s an actual product to purchase. Enter the limited edition “Art by Art Jacobs” tee, a pink cotton t-shirt featuring a photo of the graffiti’d store facade, available for the totally reasonable price of just $689. Prior to tax, that is.
However, Kidult himself doesn’t seem to be amused by the shirt. He tweeted back, “@MarcJacobsIntl … ??? LET’S PLAY, but we don’t play the same rules!” He later retweeted this from @lexisnotdead: “SHAME on you, YOU COPY @therealkidult to make money with it, capitalist thieve [sic] RT @MarcJacobsIntl.”
So, Kidult vs. Marc Jacobs?
- chikachikawhoa reblogged this from pretaportre
- millaisvip reblogged this from pretaportre
- peoplemagredcarpet reblogged this from pretaportre and added:
- louisarobinson likes this
- starringinyourworld reblogged this from pretaportre
- zorixo reblogged this from pretaportre
- tulipseed reblogged this from pretaportre
- zipelfli reblogged this from pretaportre
- puaaa likes this
- beauddicted answered: Marc Jacobs selling the shirt of Kidult’s vandalism seems a like rather fair choice compared to what he could do. Marc Jacobs is a genious.
- daphysmilez answered: haha, I love Marc’s comeback
- chaekim likes this
- sixteenzombies likes this
- the-urban-population answered: Love the intense battle, gives the fashion industry a whole new appeal. But, Marc Jacobs will always win in any fashion showdown.<3
- trendytiffany likes this
- remshow likes this
- fibbingfeud answered: “Art” by Kidult, marketed by Marc Jacobs?
- freshhly-baked reblogged this from pretaportre
- acciojoey likes this
- ciphero reblogged this from pretaportre and added:
- grooverok likes this
- autumnchateau likes this
- boobfactory likes this
- fashionwatchdaily reblogged this from pretaportre
- meganelizabeth56 likes this
- flyh0e likes this
- fashionistodiaries likes this
- fashionablelust likes this
- djillustration reblogged this from pretaportre
- pretaportre posted this